Tweets

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Breck cross course

rode it Saturday morning, glad I did. I will need quite a few more laps on it before I feel good. It is the typical Breck nordic center course. By that I mean lots of wood, deadfall, rocks and singletrack. Not the smoother, wide grassy stuff I like to race on sometimes. Surely they will trim some of it back, and I hope to help rake some sections too. The bike just doesn't feel great yet. Hoping some new rubber from Schwalbe will fix that soon this week. My fitness is definitely in question, as I haven't raced in 3 weeks, though I still have some good volume holding me over from mtb race season. The last couple of weeks I have been doing some start intervals, so hopefully I can get off the line in the top 5 guys or so. We'll find out come Sunday the 16th.