Tweets

Sunday, September 09, 2007

new bike

no, not for me, but Alina. after Helen and I saw Alina riding the neighbors' 2-wheeled bikes (with training wheels of course), we fig'd now's the time. plus, we didn't want her to feel left out when we all went to Moab in a couple weeks. I could have saved 3 hrs out of my day, and prob $60 or so, had I just gone over to Target or Wal-Mart and bought a cheap Magna or Huffy. But no, I'm too vain & too much of a bike snob. I called around, and none of the shops here carried any 12" bikes, so we drove down to Denver to check out BikeSource. $120 later, we walked out with a Specialized Hotrock, a 12" pink little bike for girls. It looked good, and had some nice chunky tires on it for the construction zone we live in. Alina hopped on and was riding all around the store. short trip to Denver, as we left Breck at 11a, and were back up here by 2:40p. But we were on a mission, and wanted to come back up quickly to enjoy the sun and have Alina get used to her new bike. the seat drops down pretty low, but it's still maybe 1/2" too high for her. She can still pedal just fine, but her hips rock a bit as she tries to reach some of the pedal strokes. It'll fit her perfectly in 2-3 months. Come winter, we've already discussed bringing the bikes down to the Park Ave Lofts garage for some heated indoor riding!