Tweets

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tests

I am in the middle of the biggest test now. Helen's in San Diego for work, Alina and I are going solo til late Thursday night. Luckily Mary came down Monday morning and she stayed over last night. So just a couple more nights. Amazing how easy it is with ice cream and TV. Just kidding. We actually have been eating pretty well, but of course we do watch TV and eat ice cream too. Mostly it's Alina's favorite show, The Good Night Show, on PBS' kids channel called Sprout. Watching Alina solo after work makes me realize how hard it is for single parents. You wouldn't really have any time for yourself, except maybe late at night after the kid is asleep, and/or maybe if you could squeeze something into your work day.

Next test is Sunday's Brecktobercross at the Nordic Center. I think I am in pretty good shape, but we'll find out in 45min on Sunday. I've done about 7-8 laps on the course, and I actually like it more and more each lap I ride. There is one tough downhill barrier that I don't feel too smooth on, but if I can clip in quick and accelerate out it should be good for me. The other test is how I recover Sunday morning from drinking a few beers at the Okotberfest street party on Sunday.