Tweets

Saturday, July 05, 2008

F50 recap

Pretty cool it's the marathon distance national championship. It must feel great to pull off a win and get a stars-and-stripes jersey. Good VN article about it.

Back to reality. After sleeping on it, and, more importantly, seeing the results online, I feel slightly better about it. 11th out of 29 in Open Men 35-39. Not in the top 1/4 like I wanted, but at least in the top half. Stopping to take a leak, take off my tangle of headphone wire, and give Helen my iPod...probably about 2 minutes. I only would pee myself if I were pacing for a record time. How the heck did I run a 4hr17min race 4-5 years ago?

Sunny weather with little to no rain made for a super dusty course. It rained last night, but only for the usual 8-10 minutes. Not even a drop in the proverbial dust bucket. I long for that first ride just after a decent rain...what they call hero dirt. Traction at its finest.

Feel well today considering the effort put forth yesterday. Super mellow spin on the bike path (with prob 200+ tourists) later this afternoon.

No comments: