Tweets

Monday, August 06, 2007

ice cream with my cake

i was hoping to get out on the bike path for a quick ride during work, but it rained off and on all day. after work though the weather broke and I got out on the cross bike. up the gulch, then up Sallie Barber to the mine. descending down from there wasn't that fun since I had to ride my brakes, and the front brake stutters unbearably. compared to my Intense with over 5" of travel, the cross bike felt like I was riding a road bike with 20mm TT tires. pretty sketchy. soon I was on the flat road just pedaling like a madman, swerving around and bunny hopping some of the puddles. it was pretty fun actually. then I dropped into Barney for about 100yds, flirted with more singletrack for a few seconds, but after riding over some rocks I soon realized how lucky I'd have to be to ride that trail again without flatting. 50lbs in a 30cc tire on a rigid bike isn't much suspension. So I kept it straight and rode down Baldy to Boreas. I was treated to some fresh asphalt on lower Boreas. It was almost as fun as skateboarding on a newly paved street. the light cross bike reminds me how sweet a 23lb mtb would be for race day. climbing up Sallie Barber was very easy compared to the mtb. I need to get some new tires ordered from Schwalbe.