Tweets

Thursday, June 14, 2007

back at it

up at 4:45 and on the bike at 5:15. funny, b/c that sounds so awful to most people. but to me, it is as easy and enjoyable as waking up for Chrismtas morning as a kid, perhaps expecting that cool new bike or toy. or as exciting as waking up early on a powder day in winter. 37 deg, but my route had me climbing for the first 45min, so that was a non issue. went up Gold Run and took the Gold Run rush course to send me up Heinous. with the exception of the first 100m or so, the 20min climb is entirely dry, albeit super tacky. At the summit I turned down the F50 singeltrack that popped me out at Lincoln meadow. Some snow piles up high but otherwise it was wicked fun popping out at bottom. Lincoln Meadow/park is always beautiful, but more so at 6:20 in the morning, checking out an elk at the edge of the forest. Bombed down Rich Gulch to French Gulch Rd and was back home in 10min. Spun out at about 42mph. Super fun. Really looking forward to a huge morning on the bike this Sunday.