Tweets

Friday, June 15, 2007

another beautiful start to my day...

In case anyone doesn't know, I absolutely LOVE riding my mountain bike, especially early morning when I am the only person out in the wilderness. I was a bit late waking, so out the door at around 5:30. Again I rode the Gold Run Rush course to get to the base of Heinous Hill. There it was a nice 20min climb, trying to keep it in the middle ring for a ways, but today it wasn't happening. Got to the top and descended Zobbe's trail to Lincoln Meadow. I love that singletrack. Feels like I am connected to the bike, flowing, keeping the bike light by pumping the whoops. It is a blast. Then I skirted around the mud and began climbing up Humbug Road, which early on looks like a mountain stream with snow drifts on the shaded side. We need to put in some water bars there or this road will be in horrible shape. After about 10min I came to the top of the road and saw big snow drifts ahead. The Moto Descent is not happening this race, there are big piles of snow up there. I walked around some snowdrifts and continued on Humbug Rd til I got to the intersection at the base of Little French, just past Lincoln Way. Checked out part of Little French, and this lower south-facing area was good and dry. Bombed down Humbug Hill. That is sketchy and fun. Hopping over the water bars, only to grab tons of brake before the sketch factor is out of hand. Towards the bottom I had to switch to 2 fingers. Nice jaunt down French Creek Rd. home.

I need to put up some more pics. They are finally landscaping our yard now. Irrigation is in, they added some nice aspens, more topsoil, and I think today they are adding some bushes. Within a couple weeks I hope to lay some sod.