Tweets

Saturday, July 01, 2006

July...

it is with mixed feelings that I enter the month of July. This is mostly because we live at 10,000', and our summers are short and sweet. Usually in August you can go on a mtb ride and see some yellow aspens somewhere. Soon September and our first snows are coming. But we got some time still. When I think of July, I think of warm days, sweet Olathe corn, Wimbledon, the Tour, my birthday. The Tour is facing some serious issues due to Operacion Puerto, but it is a necessary step. My first two reactions are: how many dopers have they still not caught, and there must be a few clean riders out there who are getting a bad rap now. I still feel that at least 75% of the pro peloton is taking some kind of performace enhancing drugs. Oh well, I need to look behind that and just enjoy the Tour for what it is worth. F50 Tuesday should be fun. Looking back on June, I am sad to say that I did nothing extraordinary for the Solstice, and I didn't ride my bike at all on Colorado's Bike to Work Day, let alone to and from work. Just had too much going on. But we are under contract for our home. Hopefully we get a favorable type and rate on our loan, and things proceed from there. I think we've selected our realtor, we'll know more on Wednesday.

No comments: