Tweets

Thursday, June 01, 2006

June is here

hard to believe about a month ago I was freezing my arse off, and it was snowing off and on up here. Now, we are getting mid-summer weather in early summer, and the trails get better every day. It has been in the 70s the last few days, and around 35 in the morning. Helen has been running well, and she did a good run up to the weather station on Baldy last weekend. Her big race, the San Juan Solstice 50, is just over 2 weeks away. I think she's just a hair behind her level of endurance from a couple years ago, but her intensity is up there. For having so much less time now, I think she is remarkably fit, and she looks great. If we looked at her fitness per free hour of time, she couldn't be much more fit, esp. given her current amount (or lack thereof) of sleep. This morning I did another 5:15am ride up on the Golden Horseshoe around Gibson Hill. Started up Prospect Gulch, then past the McCleary's place and around the southeast corner of Gibson Hill. I then followed a moto singletrack for about a half mile up towards Prospect Hill. Then just came back down the slalom singletrack towards the upper flume. Nice loop.

No comments: