Tweets

Monday, April 03, 2006

Koppenberg

pretty fun race the other day. typical spring Sunday this year....pleasant temp, but vicious winds once again. oh well, it's gotta make us stronger. held on to the 2nd group for about 4.5 of the 5 laps. last time up the dirt approaching the climb I lost contact and was on my own in the winds. the Koppenberg itself wasn't as long as I thought it would be, fairly easy to grind up each time in my 25, though a big ring/25 was out of the question (WTF Tim?). even 6 trips up didn't seem rough. if it were a bit longer it may have divided up the race a bit more. still a very cool course. as much as I knew I had to be closer to the front, I had a shit start, lined up 2nd row from the back. next time I need to risk cooling down too much, and sit on the first or 2nd row for a great feel. oh well. lots of fitness needed still, but a fun way to open the season. i don't think I have another race on tap until May, but I'll have plenty of miles in the legs by then. I am also looking forward to some desert riding later on this month. gotta good spin in today when Helen got back from work. I am really liking the loops up in the Highlands and Summit Estates. I can look at $1M+ homes (some are incredible, others are excruciatingly ugly), enjoy some music, and ride with no worry of traffic. I am sure in a few weeks it will get old too, but by then I hope the bike path to Frisco will be plowed.

No comments: