Tweets

Monday, December 06, 2010

season is over!

Bike racing is done til at least late March or early April. That is good and bad. I am ready to devote my precious free time now to more time with my family, and to some projects around the house. Also of course there will be lots of snowboarding, xc & alpine skiing to be had.

The state championship race was this past Saturday at Monarch High School in Louisville, just south of Boulder. It was a very fun course, mostly flat, lots of grass, an obligatory sand pit, and overall very FAST! I knew warming up that I didn't have great legs, but also that this course would be good for me. At the start I did not clip in as quickly as I wanted to, so missed a few spots early. But then settle in to the 15-20 spots and rode there pretty much the whole race. Got stuck behind 1 crash and a couple of bobbles, but all in all did not make many mistakes. My chain derailed on the last lap and from there I lost 2 spots that I never could make up, finishing 16th. I really wanted to land in the top 10, but overall I wasn't too unhappy with the day. Pic below courtesy of Erin Pheil of Timeforcake fame. Thanks Erin!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I still believe that bike racing is equally seasonless especially to bike enthusiasts like you. Im pretty sure April is just near - in a blink of an eye! Great shot of Erin's by the way :)