Tweets

Friday, January 30, 2009

new one

Just took a few first snaps with the Canon 50D. Wow, this thing is SOLID. Won't have much in the way of photographic side-by-side tests to the Canon Xti...until I have more time, and a tripod. The 1/250 x-sync will help me capture those views better. Curious to try the HDMI output soon too. I am not at all stuck in the megapixel race. 15MP is too much for my puny laptop's HD. Hopefully I can convince Steve to help me replace my laptop HD later this year. Cropping should definitely be easier when you have the MP to work with. The shutter speed and autofocus seem much much quicker than the Xti.



This morning Helen, Alina and I stopped by the Post Office to get our passports. After about 30min, and $300, we were done. Whoa. $300. Are you freakin' kiddin' me?! No wonder why the woman gave Alina a stuffed animal. We don't yet have any plans to leave the country, but soon we will. And they require passports to go to Mexico now.

Off to Pueblo tonight with Scott and Dennis for my first mountain bike ride of the season. Never ridden down there on Lake Pueblo. More importantly, it's going to be 62F tomorrow down there...just 3 hours from Breck.

No comments: