Tweets

Monday, September 08, 2008

overdue update, and race #15 re-cap

Saturday was my first win of the season. I had an HOA meeting to attend for work in the morning. I thought it would last for several hours, but it was done in under an hour. So I called up Helen and told her I'd enter the Fall Classic circuit race up at Breck Nordic Center. Not a stacked field, but the overall contenders in the expert men 30-39 were there. I started off in 2nd or 3rd, and after the first sweeping high-speed turn, I was in first and rode about 20 secs in front of second for the rest of the race. Pretty fun intensity. About 11mi in 46min.

Helen left town yesterday for a parks & recreation marketing conference in San Diego. So I'm Mr. Mom til Thursday night. I again realize how much work Helen does! Probably at least 75% of the work is hers! Alina and I did have a great day. We woke up, had some breakfast, rode up on Gold Run Rd., and checked out the initial part of the Fall Classic xc race. Cool to cheer on so many friends; spectating was a unique thing, and Alina really enjoyed seeing so many cyclists. We then headed down to the house and rode up to Sallie Barber Rd. to see the action one more time. Then the Dragon Park in Frisco was the center of our attention for a couple of hours. Some pics coming soon!

No comments: