Tweets

Monday, September 15, 2008

'cross begins / race #16 re-cap

yesterday was the Brecktobercross. Typical bumpy, singletrack-like course. I had a decent start, but didn't want to even attempt to ride with the studs up front like Tim, Chris, Jon, Ward et al. So I settled in around 7-10th for most of the race. Problem was that i was by myself, riding in the dreaded "no man's land". Weak. I was strong enough to keep anyone behind me from catching up, but not strong enough to latch on to Greg's group. The one minor victory was passing the Excel Sports guy just before the descent under the bridge, and I held him off for 8th place. in the elite men 35+ field, 8th out of 21 finishers isn't so bad. Especially considering Tim and prob 1-2 others could easily be racing in the pro field.

One of the first years in a long time that i totally skipped the Oktoberfest. I have plenty of beer at home, and I wasn't into the crowds.

No comments: