Tweets

Friday, August 01, 2008

race 12 re-cap, Peaks Trail TT

This past Wednesday, I was treated to another treat, racing on the Peaks Trail in the downhill direction, from Breck to Frisco. In the other direction, I rode a 44min race last year. So I thought I might be able to come in under 30min this other direction. Legs felt great Tuesday eve for my openings, but Wednesday after work they weren't feeling too snappy, and I didn't get the 45min warm-up that I had envisioned. Out the start I rode smart, but bobbled badly in one of the rock gardens. The rest of the race was good, except for the section of trail running alongside the meadow, where there were lots of muddy sections. I should have just chugged through them all, instead I picked my way around some sections (not sure why, it's a freakin' TT), and lost at least 15-20 seconds there. The last 4 miles were a high-speed, smiling blur. Finished strong, but lost to Overstreet by 18 seconds! 2nd place again, and 1st loser again. ouch. 30min25 sec was close to my goal, but still a good performance.

No comments: