Tweets

Friday, June 13, 2008

trail running

I was a poser Wednesday night. I ran a trail running race and pretended to look like I knew what was up. Funny stuff. Not really more than about a 5min warm-up (otherwise I might get tired). Started up CR450 from the base of the Lower Flume, left at Forest Hills Rd, then we hopped on the Upper Flume. Cool to be running on singletrack, I have to say, even as inefficient of a runner as I am. Soon the fun turned to frustration as I cramped up pretty good from not really knowing breathing patterns while running. I lost about 6 spots in 60 seconds. Had to slow it down for a bit, then I recovered and I was off again. Running down Mike's and the Lower Flume was not nearly as painful as I thought it would. I had good footing and was able to get some good long downhill strides in. Because all good runners did the longer 10K course, I won my measly 30-39 age group on the 5K course. Free pair of socks, nice. I may even consider running next week's course up on Minnie and X10U8 trails.