Tweets

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

night ride, and another trail run

Last night, Scott, Dennis & I rode Barney Ford for our first night ride of the season. It was quite nice, with about a 90% full moon creeping up above the ridge on Baldy Mt. around 10ish when we were cruising back up through town to the hood. Nice warmish night, probably in the low 50s.

Tonight is race #2 of the Nike Summit Trail Running Series. The 5K (aka kids course) is a combination of many of my favorite backyard, stock run trails, so I have to give it a whirl. Start around Country Boy mine, up the B&B Trail, cross the Reiling dredge bridge and French Gulch Road, then up Minnie to X10U8, and back down to the mine again. Should be pretty fun. Nice and short too! I rode in to work with the trailer, so I can go pick up Alina afterwards and head straight out to the venue.