Tweets

Monday, June 30, 2008

neighborhood Summer Solstice party

Sunday was the Wellington Neighborhood's annual Summer Solstice party. We have never been before since we've often been at one of Helen's races on the solstice weekend. This year we were lucky enough that they moved the party back one weekend, so we were in town. Each street/green brought a dish, they had BBQ, beer, tents and other fun stuff. The Breck Fire Dept. came out with their big ladder truck, and the Big Red Bus came out and had a bouncy castle, obstacle course and inflatable slide. Alina sessioned all of them multiple times. Food was great. Nice to see all of the neighbors on a beautiful day. I went out around 2p for a solo recon loop on the F50 course. Felt great, and rode a 2hr9min lap, even while riding slow up Boreas Pass. Cleared the entire Little French climb. We'll see if that's possible on lap 2! One of the toughest spots was descending the rockier-every-year Moonstone trail on my hartail. Ouch. I decided to end any chance of my not doing the 50 mile solo, so I registered last night to ensure my commitment. It is going to be painful! I will rest and ride very lightly a couple times this week.

No comments: