Tweets

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lake City / San Juan Solstice 50 pics

Helen ran 3rd place for women overall, coming within 5min of her best time ever. That is a huge feat considering the many snowfields and deep, single-file-on-ropes stream crossings. Too bad Alina was so hooked on the swings that she wouldn't let me run over 50yds to take a better pic of Helen crossing the finish line. Oh well. The pic at very bottom is Helen after the race looking tired. She only succumbed to the 11hr run yesterday afternoon when she came down with a low fever. Luckily she is a bit better today, just a little weak still.

Many people around here refer to me as "one of the only guys whose wife is definitely more diesel than he is." True, fine by me. She is a stud, and is so much more dedicated and disciplined in her training. For perspective sake, many will say that 1hr of running = 2.5-3hrs of cycling. So given the same time, one can say running is 2-3x more of a workout. With that said, I ride my bike anywhere from 7-10hrs a week. She runs about 10hrs a week! I give up! Sometimes when I get up at 4:45a to go ride, I of course would rather sleep, but Helen motivates me.




No comments: