Tweets

Monday, June 16, 2008

#8, and Splash

Saturday morning we drove down to Golden to bring Alina to the kids water park Splash. It was about 92 and a beautiful day down there. Alina of course loved the park, esp. the 2 blue kids water slides, and the 500 gallon fill-then-dump water bucket.

race #8 was over at the Summit County landfill, supposedly referred to by those in the biz as the 2nd most scenic landfill in the country (the most scenic is apparently somewhere in Alaska). Drove back up from Golden and arrived with enough time for a decent warm-up. Race started and I settled into about 4th position and rode smartly from there. Followed some good wheels, incl David and others. I fell off just a hair on the 3rd lap, but soon recovered and rode back into a decent pace for the last lap. Settled for 6th on the day, but I'll take it. My fitness seems to be coming around. Looking forward to the Gold Run Rush in my back yard next week.