Tweets

Monday, June 09, 2008

#7

#7 for me was over at Vail for the Teva Mountain Games. ouch. 5mi lap with 1,200' of climbing per lap. That equates to a steep grade. I rode a decent race for 2.5 out of 3 laps. The last lap I faded as Darron put in a little surge to pass and I was done. But to feel okay for most of the day was a minor victory compared to last Wednesday at Frisco. Small wins are key for me now. Course was pretty weak. Steep fire road climbs, singletrack that was too rooty and full of switchbacks, so you couldn't keep your speed for any length of time.

Good vibe overall at Teva in Vail. Lots of things to do for Alina. Helen ran the 10K Spring Runoff against some top athletes, including women on the US Mountain Running Team. She again amazed me with a great 5th place showing, besting some members of above said team, beating some very fit people. She was 1 place out of the money, but no worry there. Next year we may try to get some friends together and rent a condo down in Vail for the weekend. Would be a great time.