Tweets

Thursday, June 05, 2008

#6

i'll get this over with quickly as I have a busy day here in the office. 2nd to last in pro/elite. my 1hr30min time would have put me only 13th out of 20 in the vet expert, where it looks like I belong. I never really cracked, but I definitely couldn't recover quickly (usually one of my strengths) after intense efforts. My HR was never as high as it normally is in a race. Maybe I was a bit tired, maybe not. The good news is that my new race bike felt awesome, I didn't flat or crash, and I'm still pretty motivated for much better results. Hopefully I have a MUCH improved ride at the Teva Mountain Games xc race on Saturday. After all, it will be hard to do any worse. It was super cool that Filip Meirhaeghe came out to race. Surely he didn't push himself as hard as he normally does (he did 2hrs of intervals the morning of the race), but he held off Brett Morgan to win by about 1min. A full 15min ahead of me. Cool to see the young kids Taylor, Walker and Kevin had good races.