Tweets

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

#4

is in the books. We raced in Eagle, which is about 60mi west of Breckenridge. That meant beautiful lush green landscaping, and warmer weather. Not surprisingly, the course was super dusty, but at least I could see. Left before results were posted, but hopefully in the top 1/3rd of vet expert. The singletrack was very flowy, but presented problems when I was stuck behind a couple of strings of slower riders on the 2nd lap. Then again on the steep climb, the guy in front lost his traction, and I had to get off the bike for a bit. That's where Darren and Steve passed me. I latched back on during the final descent, Darren came around Steve, as did I, but I couldn't close on Darren. Fun race, legs felt good, but HR was only 180max. Not sure yet of the AVG, but it was a good,fast 12mi 57min race for early season fitness. Race Saturday down in Bailey, then Wednesday in Frisco, then the following Saturday in Vail.