Tweets

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

heavily buried

that's the local trail conditions report for April 2nd, 2008. I keep remaining positive and optimistic (those that know me know those aren't really my virtues) that we will at some point have a 7-14 day dry or warm spell in late April or May. Even with the snow depths we have now, a lot of snow can evaporate and melt quickly once the air is in the upper 50s and 60s. But I could be proven wrong. All winter long, we haven't had a prolonged dry spell or warmth. Although it still seems to snow almost every 2-3 days, we are at least getting some warm temps. The snow really doesn't stick around in town anymore. That's allowing for some easy training around town on the local roads. And after this weekend when town finally slows down, these roads will be that much safer and enjoyable. Last year I rode the Frisco peninsula trails on May 2nd. At this rate, if I ride Frisco anytime before mid-May I'd be extremely surprised.