Tweets

Monday, March 17, 2008

winter continues

As is usually the case, just when I had a nice hint of spring with trips out to the desert and brief warm spells here in town, winter has returned. Another 7" this morning, after the 16" Thursday through Friday night. I think the ski report shows an 86" mid-mountain base. Pretty healthy for Breck. Snowboarding Friday was great, as was Saturday. Yesterday afternoon I did a nice xc tour up X10U8 and down the B&B trail. Snow was perfect, and the blue kick wax was working super well. The only biking I've done lately has been on the rollers, and even just 45min is hard for me now. I am SOFT.
Alina mostly hung out this wknd. We went to a bday/going away party Saturday, and yesterday we didn't do too much. For some odd reason, Alina didn't want to go outside. Think she was just tired. Work is busy, maybe the 2nd (to Xmas/New Years) busiest week of the entire ski season. The good news is that we have 3 more weeks, and then the season starts to fade away. That is good, it means we will be going out to the desert much more often. And hopefully some of the local roads will start to melt out some so I can ride more outside without having to drive to Denver.