Tweets

Monday, March 31, 2008

what a difference a couple days makes...

my last post was trailside on Zippety Do Dah out in Fruita, home of some of the best singletrack in the world. It was pushing 60 degrees and the sun was trying to come out. Today, back in Breck, it is puking snow out now, on top of the 6" or so we had last night. I hope April brings us a prolonged warm or dry spell. We haven't had one yet, and the trails around here are buried deep. Local singletrack is about as close as Hawaii right now.

Lucky for us, Mary endured another white knuckle drive up to Breck this morning to watch Alina. She is so awesome, I can not thank her enough. If only we had the money, I'd be so happy to buy her a nice new road bike. She needs one badly. There was a dry slot between storms mid-morning, and the roads dried up some. Now it is snowing again, tomorrow could be another powder day! I hope Mary has a safe drive home.