Tweets

Friday, January 04, 2008

January, one month closer to dry desert trails out west

I've had a fantastic time snowboarding this December. The paper said December '07 was the 7th snowiest on record (records go back over 100 years). Breck reported 43" in town, over 70" in Dec up on the ski area. The big Holiday crowds are gone, which is awesome. -15 and 60mph winds are gone, which is awesome. Now we settle into your basic ski season groove. This entails when not to be on I-70, when not be in the supermarket, when not to be on Main St or Park Ave, etc.. I do still get excited about the snow, just not quite as much as in the past! Tomorrow should be fun, we're going to take Alina xc skiing out at the golf course's Gold Run Nordic Center. pics this weekend.

And with respect to the title of the blog, often times in the mid-winter months of December and January, I can still ride my mountainbike on dry trails down in Denver or out west in the high desert of Fruita. Both areas are snow-covered now. Typically by late Jan/early Feb they open up for the next 8-9 months. I am hoping that happens, as I am dying to ride my bike now!