Tweets

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

going to write some

for a change. I was getting lazy with the pics and crummy videos from my phone, but the ease and spontaneity of auto-posting via a quick email from the Treo was too hard to pass up. so now I am back to tried and true blogging. Just spent some time with Alina in her room. She has an ear infection and a cold now, hasn't been to school in a couple of days, and won't be going tomorrow. Helen stayed home with her a lot recently, and Mary is nice enough to come up tomorrow to watch Alina. I had heard her banging a baby doll stroller against the inside of her door. I was hoping she would stop, so I tried to let it go on, hoping Helen wouldn't wake up. Finally I caved in and went in to see what was going on. I took Alina and we sat down for a bit and now she's in bed. It was a good moment though.

Super cold weather snap now. -9 as i write this, and it's not midnight yet. i suspect it'll drop down to -15 or -20. Not much new snow either when the air is this dry and cold. It is so dry that the new snow is nice and squeaky under feet, and with little water content it's light, fluffy and easy to shovel. Hopefully it warms up some this weekend, as town will be packed for the MLK holiday.

I have had a small cold since Sunday, I should prob be in bed resting now. I haven't exercised since Sunday, and I am dying to do something, but rest is king now. i want to ski up to the top of 10,500' Mineral Hill. The skin up that packed trail is only about 1mi up French Gulch Rd from our house here. I also want to play some more tennis & racquetball. As soon as we hire one more person in our office, this should be able to happen more often during the work week, at least that's what I hope. I am really missing my mountain bike riding now that we're in the dark days of winter. Most trails around Colorado are covered in a little or a lot of snow now. About 4.5hrs west, in the high desert of Moab, there are a few rides open, and even those have some snowy spots from what I read. Even if I have to wait a month (hopefully not), I can't wait for my first ride on dry singletrack!