Tweets

Sunday, December 23, 2007

almost

santa's almost here. alina keeps talking about him. Looking forward to her face when she sees the Rody from Steve. After a few days of now snow last week, we had 7" Friday night, and it's snowing again now. The mountain is in pretty good shape for late December. Dave and I braved a well-below zero wind chill on a hike out to Luge in the Windows off of Peak 9. Tough hike but the snow was unreal and we had a great run down into the gut of the descent. Short but sweet. One thing I do like about the development in town is the free public transit system. Yesterday morning I hopped on the 8:10 bus and was walking onto the gondola at 8:20. After a 12min gondola ride I was boarding the Colorado superchair at 8:35. Easy way up, i just need to remember the bus leaves the transfer station/gondola base on the top and at the half hour. Dave and I got off the gondola at 12:06, so we just missed the other bus. today I skiied up in Pennsylvania Gulch. Lots of snow back there. Skiing with the waxable skis and grip wax is much faster than any scaled skis I've tried. But the trails I ski are still too mellow to give me much of a rush on he descent. I need to hit up Spruce Creek trail and its better pitch. tired.