Tweets

Monday, October 29, 2007

whew

yeah, we had a great time this past weekend. Alina got to see her long-distance grandparents, went to another cyclocross race, and we had a great lunch at Bill & Mary's house on a beautiful day in Boulder.

the Boulder Reservoir was the venue for the Boulder Racing CX #3 on Sunday. Typical course, lots of sand, some pavement, some goatheads. Luckily I only flatted once, and it was while pre-riding. The trainer warm-up did me well, and the race itself unfolded reasonably well. I didn't clip in as soon as I'd like, so instead of 8-10, I was in about 15-20 after the first 200m. Soon we were entering what announcer Nat Ross called "kitty litter corner," as the loose gravel was a bit sketchy each lap. The dock section was tough, but short and sweet, nothing like the long 100+m run in the sand down by the big beach. And if I thought that was rough, things got even rougher as we descended back down to the beach, then rode along through loose wet sand, climbed up through some muddy sand, back through some gravel and onto pavement. I faded some about 30min in, but otherwise I maintained and didn't feel too bad about the race, until I saw I ended up somewhere around 15th place, and I was hoping for 10th or so. Oh well. My dad took plenty of great pictures. Between the race and Alina's birthday celebration, I need to find the time to upload some pics tonight.