Tweets

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

back at it again

today I was lucky to get out for about 45min on the road machine. Jared and Tim would laugh, but that was probably the 20th ride or so on the road bike since June. just doesn't get mileage when the mtb is so much more fun. easy spin on the path, and around through town. The Chorus grouppo still works beautifully. It is hard to believe how much crisper the shifting is on the road bike than the cross bike. Soon after I got home I ran out on the mountain bike for about 45min of singletrack. Yes, singletrack in Breckenridge in late October. Hard to imagine, but it's true. The lower mile of both the Lower and Upper Flume trails is dry enough to ride. Sure felt great to be back on singletrack in my backyard. Just how I opened up the Breck singletrack season on the Flumes in May, I am closing the town riding season down with a spin on my stock run trails. I do hope to get out to Frisco one more time to ride the Nordic center trails.

these two pics below are some of my favorites. parts of the race that for some reason didn't feel like Hades.

 
 
Posted by Picasa