Tweets

Saturday, September 29, 2007

35+ debut

it went pretty well today at the CU Research Park. They called up the top 10 guys in the series, then by order of registration. Since I got there pretty early, I was able to line up in the 2nd row, perfect. Greg got the holeshot, Jared was somewhere in the top 3 or so, and I was sitting back comfy around 8-9-10. First lap was excellent, I was 7th going into the 2nd. Laps 2 and 3 started to take their toll, with a few guys coming around my side. About halfway through the race, I caught a few guys and maintained for a while. Roger Cox came around, then I held his wheel to the finish for 10th place. pretty okay with that. Same hardpack dirt crit style course as in the past. I had to run about 50psi in my old, dry-rot Michelins. I didn't flat, but traction could have been much better for sure. But the new cables and bar tape made the bike feel pretty solid. Next week I look forward to trying out the new rubber from Schwalbe. Weather guys are saying we're getting a snow storm next wknd. We'll see, could be a techy techy race in Frisco.