Tweets

Friday, August 17, 2007

brawl, show

the Breck Brawl didn't go so well. I nearly imploded at the top of the first climb, only about 5min into the race. I settled in some the last couple of laps, but it was too little too late. Glad the mtb race season is over, getting ready for cross is exciting.

The Beastie Boys put on a great show last night at Red Rocks. Those guys rock it good, esp. for being 40+. A pretty mellow crowd, and a beautiful summer night at Red Rocks for a show. Before the show we rode Apex and Enchanted Forest. Awesome high-speed singletrack, and some good techy sections to keep you on your toes.

Leadville 100 is tomorrow at 4a for Helen. 100mi of trail running. Wish her well and send some happy thoughts/vibes/prayers up her way in the Collegiate Peaks range of Colorado this weekend. Alina and I will have lots of quality time to hang out together. Hopefully I can post some pics soon after, or during, if the Delaware Hotel has wireless. I expect Helen to finish sometime around 2-2:30a on Sunday. Maybe Alina and I will see a ghost there at the old historic Delaware Hotel, the place easily seems like it has a colorful past full of characters.