Tweets

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

gold run rush

tonight was my backyard race (so is the F50). had some heavy legs from Tuesday morning's long pre-ride. I suffered during the start but was in a good position in 2nd behind Steve Meyer. Passed him before the singletrack, then up Heinous I was riding with David O, and he was looking good. but i found one more gear and passed about 2/3s up. on the Zobbe trail descent, I felt really really good. able to stay on top of a big gear. soon I was once again riding by myself. I passed a couple experts and Bernie, but otherwise I wasn't catching the pro/elites, since they started a minute up on us in the old balls category. rode up the Fall Classic singletrack and was movin down Gold Run to the finish. 3 wins, fun while they lasted. bye bye podium...looking forward to racing with the fast group in the future. it'll be good prep for getting shelled by Faia and Jared in the 35+ cross races.

out for some sleep before the drive down to the airport for the biggest race of Helen's career. for those of you who want more, their website has plenty of info. I think the race starts from Squaw Valley at 5a this Sat. It will take her at least 24hrs if she completes the epic.

Now this is sick. Use this link to track Helen's progress at each aid station throughout the day and night. Mary & I will hopefully be at some aid stations, but with Alina who knows!