Tweets

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Barney in the snow

wasn't letting the freakin' weather force me off the bike twice, esp. since it's June! took the cross machine up Fr Gulch and up Sallie Barber, down Barney Ford to Carter Park. certainly diff than my cush mtb. 60lb in the 30mm tires, rigid front and back, canti brakes...all that equals stay on your game or you are going down, esp. with slick roots and some mud. I managed to stay upright. My legs and lungs feel great, but my arms are a little sore from squeezing those pathetic brakes so hard. I gotta figure out my front brake before cross season. The stutter is unacceptable for sure, esp. since the front brake provides about 70% of total braking power.

Monday night, 6/4/07, Scott and Ellen welcomed their baby boy, Zander Evans Reid, into the world. Congrats!