Tweets

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

vail pass

yesterday felt like summer is either here or not too far away. 25 in the morning, 65 in the afternoon. sunny all day, little to no breeze. got down to Frisco for the group ride. thought there'd be a nice turnout given the weather, but only Covey and Ket showed up. we rode up Vail Pass. not surprisingly, Covey dropped me a couple times on the upper sections. able to bridge once, but not twice. all in all a great ride. 44mi in 2hr25min. it was barely over an hour from the top of Vail Pass back to Breck. having ridden my mtb 5 times last week, I forgot how much I enjoyed the high speeds on the road. legs starting to remember what it's like to redline again. easy ride around town at lunch, rest tomorrow, short bursts Friday, and the Nathrop MSC Saturday afternoon. down to Boulder afterwards. Helen and I are going for a mountain bike ride up at Betasso, which is only a few miles below Bill & Mary's house. Check out the link to see a picture of how buff the trails are there. I think Helen is really going to enjoy her new bike there. In Moab, she was only able to ride with Alina and I on jeep roads, so checking out some good singletrack should be a good experience for her.