Tweets

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Opening Day, part II

yeah the camera on my phone is almost worthless, but the shot below is still cool. looks like a cold eerie "day at the beach" for my ride sitting there on the sand. The clouds were really thick and low, and it began to rain a little bit as I drove back to Breck. Some snow banks still hanging around in the north-facing and shaded areas. But the terra firma is in good shape overall. You can see the ice on Lake Dillon about 100 yards offshore. While I get bored of riding at Frisco once the race is done (and the Flume trails are dry here), the flatter, high-speed nature of the area has its appeal. I was really able to get my pedal on for the cool ribbon of singeltrack that is right by the lakeshore. Can't wait to do it again, maybe even tomorrow morning before work! I do need to enter the pain cave several more times before Nathrop on May 12.