Tweets

Thursday, May 31, 2007

frisco roundup

the first installment of Wednesday worlds went well. i managed to win my first race in the old fart category, aka 35+, aka vet. it was cool lining up to some local legends like Scott "the human lung" Yule and Scott Tanner. i do wish we could start with the Pro/Elite and expert 19-34, as they would prob tow me around the course that much faster. oh well, it was great to ride off the front and TT. a great training ride, as I usu am riding wheels and staying with a group. start was fast as usual. i held on to some good wheels, and got up front for the singletrack. in the singletrack, I was able to get a good-sized gap immediately. my bike is just amazing in the rocky stuff, seemingly hovering over that stuff when I weight the bike properly. the moisture from the previous night's rain and snow made the trails as tacky as I can remember. my DH friends call it hero dirt, as you can corner like a super hero b/c of the mad traction. my mind was on the limit riding with no one behind or in front of me at times. I was able to pick off some pro/elite riders on the last lap. the human lung made a surge on the last climb up Crown Rd, but I pinned it for the last climb and held on. we'll see how I respond on Sunday in Vail for the road tt/hc. bummed I can't race Saturday, but this is my last Saturday to work in the office for a while.