Tweets

Saturday, May 05, 2007

1st Saturday in May

aka Derby Day. i'm watching the coverage now as I look out the watching it dump snow. the paper said we had 38" in April . not bad; I certainly remember some postponed rides in April due to weather. May averages 11", and we might get 4 or 5 of those 11 this weekend. The Derby seems very traditional. all the gals dress up and wear big fancy hats, mint juleps around. If we went to the Derby, we'd prob be in the infield with the drunks and frat boys. I'm not really a horse racing fan, but it's fun enough to watch. Not sure if I agree that it is "the most exciting 2 minutes in sports," but I am watching...after all, it is the Derby. Guess I'm kinda like the average American non-cycling fan who still tries to keep up with the Tour de France.

Helen's on her way back from Buena Vista. she got 2nd place overall woman after over 8hrs and 50mi of running. and she's driving back now by herself. ouch. too bad I had to work this morning, we would have liked to have watched. Diana and Josh were nice enough to come watch Alina.

4 consecutive days on the mountain bike have made me really happy, and really tired. even better was the fact that I rode in Frisco, and didn't have to drive an hour to find dry trails. tomorrow I will get out, maybe on the fender bike if it's still winter.