Tweets

Monday, March 19, 2007

Red Rocks

Dennis and I rode down at Red Rocks on Sunday morning. It was awesome to drive down, ride for 3hrs, and be back in Breck by noon. I spent a few extra minutes dialing in my bike's suspension, and now it really feels awesome. The ProPedal feature will come in handy during races, as it firms up the initial travel. We were riding well, enjoying warmth and shorts. Dennis had a jedi move to clear a tech climbing section. I again wussed out on bigger steps of the descent of Zorro trail. I forgot how great and demanding the tech climb is going up Morrison Slide. A few bits of snow & ice in the northern ravine, but otherwise the day was 95% dry. We did see a lot of people the last 20 minutes back to the car. That's what happens on a nice weekend day in the big city.