Tweets

Friday, February 23, 2007

tennis league

well I still haven't won a set, but my games won stats look much better. Last night we went down 5-7 in the first, and then things were tied up 2-2 in the 2nd set when the girls high school team kicked us off. Indoor court time in Breck is a precious commodity. Since Keystone closed their tennis center with indoor courts a couple years ago, Breckenridge's rec center is the only place in Summit County that has indoor tennis courts. With a membership or day pass, court time is about $20/hr. If you split that with someone else, not to bad really. I think, no surprise, it's $30/hr in Vail.

and oh yes, how can I forget the old schooler we had on the courts today for the clinic. There were some really nice people from California who were here skiing. They heard about the clinic (good job Helen) and decided to come play. It was a dad and his 2 sons. They were all good players. The dad looked like he was straight out of Caddyshack. He was sporting some killer light blue pants, a tight white shirt, and a cool blue hat. All vintage Le Coq Sportif. If I had that stuff, I'd rock it too. I just would look like an idiot. This guy, complete with his shaggy hair (no match here) and tall lanky body....fit right in.

No snow yet. The roads are dry, but the skies are cloudy & overcast. The forecast is calling for 2-4" today, 3-5" tomorrow, and 5-7" Sunday. I hope it holds true, as I am overdue to make a few runs on the mountain.