Tweets

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

early in

Since Alina again can't go to daycare today because of her eye infection (bacterial conjunctivitis; runny eye; mattery eye), I came in to work at 6a so I could get in 4hrs before Helen needs to do the same. It was kinda cool getting here in total darkness. The office is so quiet and it is so easy to get some work done (or post a blog!). In a perfect world, I'd come in around 6:30a every day. Once 8am comes, and we turn on the phone lines and unlock the front door, chaos usually ensues. I thought we were adequately staffed this season, but perhaps not. Scheduling is difficult when we need to keep this office open 7 days a week, for 11hrs per day minimally. 8-5 M-F would be a cake walk, but it's not possible in our business.

Looks like 3-4 days of good snow starting tomorrow night. I am fully planning on making some turns this weekend.