Tweets

Sunday, December 10, 2006

wide angle lens

pretty decent shots of the lower level of our home at about 10.5mm on the lens, which is the 35mm equivalent of 17mm. click on each for a nice large view, 1600x1067 pixels. no flash. hand held, no tripod (hence Helen's featureless face). our house doesn't have very good lighting either. I generally don't shoot interiors after dark. although it can add a nice warm, cozy look to the photos, a brighter image generally is more appealing in most applications. since I've been shooting interiors of our rental properties for 10 years now, I've really learned a lot. flash or no flash. some fill flash seems to be best, esp. since I need to be efficient with many properties to shoot (and the many other facets of my job). and I also don't have the time and luxury of being able to spend 10-30min per image doing some Photoshopping. I wish I did, it is pretty fun.

Helen's doing some Xmas cards in the first one. the second one is shot from the rear entry looking across the dining and living areas, and Montana sulking about something on the floor.

1/8s f/3.5 ISO 100



No comments: