Tweets

Sunday, December 03, 2006

red rocks cross 3

today was the last race in the red rocks series at the elementary school near the park in Morrison. They had about 6" of snow there a few days ago, and it has stayed cold. Today it was in the 30s race time. I was riding the course pretty well considering I didn't have low enough tire pressure (sound familiar?), then I tried to pass Opperman before a corner and dumped my bike. The rear skewer loosened some, so I had to tighten that to prevent the brakes from rubbing. By the time I hopped back on the bike, I had dropped from 4th back to 10th. The rest of the race I chipped a way a little bit, finishing in 7th. I could see 4th place less than a minute in front of me. I am burnt on racing now, but racing in the snow and mud kept me motivated. A good off-camber section traversing a hillside brought out the crash test dummies. Luckily I kept my bike upright there on every lap.

No comments: