Tweets

Thursday, November 16, 2006

mtb ride in summit county in november

i write that like it's something to brag about. well, it kinda is, at least up here in the frozen tundra of breckenrfridge. actually today it was pretty mild, and the ground, although mostly snowcovered except ons ome roads, is not yet frozen. but that's not far away.

today I got out at lunch for a short spin on the mountain bike. Since we've had 18" of snow the last week, I knew the roads would be too icy, slushy, wet for a safe trip on a road or cross bike. So the mountain bike was the answer. After a quick warm-up around town to realize I was overdressed, I headed up Wellington to get up French Gulch Rd. It was a wet muddy mess due to the construction workers and the big trucks having melted a lot of the packed snow on the road. But once I passed Country Boy mine, the road changed over to nice, packed, firm snow, which provided perfect traction and bit of extra resistance for a good workout. Funny how much one can sweat when it's overcast and below freezing.

Tonight is Thanksgiving for the little kids at Little Red School House, over at Beaver Run. Should be fun. I need some more pics on here. why do I have trouble with that. it is so easy with the Blog This! function in Picasa, Alina could probably do it.

No comments: