Tweets

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Boulder Rez cross

yest'day was the 2nd race at the Boulder Reservoir. I had missed the last one there when my folks were in town to help out around the house. since the race was on Saturday I swapped my Sunday off for Saturday off. we left the house and made it down to the Republic in record time of 1hr35min. a quick stop at Boulder Running Company, and we were off to the rez. I wasn't looking forward to riding in the water (the standard course), so it was nice to see a new course altogether.

description: flat to downhill start on pavement for 300m, then right turn onto bumpy grass single, hairpin right onto bumpy, gravelly grass single, then off camber sweeping gravel left onto more gravel and single, right turn downhill through grass, up and over 2 rollers, right back onto bumpy grass, sweeping left through leaves, down to beach, sandy single to dock, run up dock and through volleyball field, back around rez and up through gravel and sand to road to start finish.

had a great start again, didn't feel too tough. Taylor Phinney took the hole shot and had about 75m gap thanks to his two-chainring road gearing on the downhill asphalt. My 42x12 wasn't doing too much, but soon he faded and flatted. That left me out front until Katie caught back on during the 2nd lap. I was riding her wheel for 2 more laps before I bobbled on a sandy hairpin and she was gone. After a CU kid flatted and then again bridged up to Katie, I had to turn it down a notch before I blew. I settled in for a race for 3rd with Ward Baker and got nipped at the line. 4th ain't so bad. but 2nd would be nicer. next time!

No comments: