Tweets

Friday, November 10, 2006

Back to winter

i should have snapped a photo of our mud field, I mean front yard, last night. Almost all of the snow had melted off, and it was just a barren piece of mud and rocks. Predictably, just as the yard had melted off, it began to snow again last night after work. We only had a little over 2" when I left for work this morning, but the forecast is calling for 18-30" by middle of next week. Promising forecast for winter sports, not nearly so for riding the bike. It is, after all, mid-November, so it's fine by me. Like last year, I may start having some dicey drives to get down to the Front Range for some 'cross races. Tomorrow will be a good test, as I am looking forward to finally having a good showing at Boulder Res. About a month left on the cross season. Might be about time to do my first snow mountain bike ride of the season. And Sallie Barber Road is calling too, I need to get my BC skis out of the attic!

No comments: