Tweets

Monday, September 18, 2006

living in a new place

well it was a long weekend, but the moving & cleaning process is now over. pretty much the last week I've had plenty of long nights after work. mary came up Saturday to give us some more time to focus on cleaning the house. it took quite a while for such a small house, but it's all done now. Closing is this afternoon. Can't wait to get it done and the cashier's check in hand! Saturday morning I ran the Oktoberfest 5K, put on by the rec center. Since Helen was volunteering for it, I figured I should try to run it, esp. considering my overall lack of exercise the last week or so while we were moving. It was a small field of primarily not serious runners, so I ran well and won my age group and a beer stein! Considering I've only jogged two other times all summer, I felt surprisingly good running on the trails. The new townhouse we're in now is really nice. and spacious. I think it's about 1750 sq ft, but the living area has a huge vaulted ceiling with huge picture windows facing the mountain. It will be a tough irony when we move out and into our new house, which will be much smaller! Helen's got a 50 miler this Saturday over in Moab. I am really looking forward to warmer weather, as it has been in the 20s and 30s here the last couple of days and some snow too. I gotta put some pics on here. Between Steve & Rose's visit last wknd, the fall colors, moving pics, Alina and our temporary location, there's a lot to see! Now if I could just find the USB cord and the card reader...surely it's in one of the many many many boxes in the garage here.

No comments: