Tweets

Thursday, June 15, 2006

brick

yesterday I had a unique opportunity to do a 5K trail running race, and also do about 75min on the road bike, pulling Alina. The ride up to the gate on Boreas Pass Rd. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, considering I'd be pulling the trailer. luckily it was a pretty mellow grade. needless to say, when I pulled up to registration, I didn't need much of a warm-up. But I did jog about 1/2 mi up the road to remember how much it was going to hurt. The first 1.5mi or so were on the road, and I wasn't feeling so hot from the start. Luckily no cramps or side stitches developed, and soon we were cruising up to the singletrack and the flats and downhills. Running down a trail I know so well from mountain biking had its advantage for sure. I passed about 5 people on the way down, and didn't even seem like I was losing my footing. Some idiot passed me right at the finish line. Other than that, I did well. Then riding back down to the house with Alina after was a great reward and cool down. Surprisingly, my legs feel damn good today. I did a 5:20am ride, along with a lunch time ride. The only indication that I ran last night (and that I never run otherwise) is that my right knee is a little bit sore. No problem. Maybe if I can do one of these every 3-4 weeks, or at least in the late summer and fall, I might be in better running-shape for cross.

No comments: