Tweets

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Angel Fire, part 2

after the xc I rode the lift up to get a few practice runs on the super d course. quite a well-balanced trail, as it offered loose rocky parts, slow-speed techy stuff int he woods, some big rocks, and then some high-speed pedaly stuff at the bottom. all in about 20 minutes, so endurance played in some too. after a very mediocre race the day before, I was looking forward to the new format and i felt no pressure at all. well the LeMans style start didn't suit me well, and I found myself at the back of about 15 guys pedaling away in the big chain ring. not too bad, until my chain fell off on the drive side, so I tried to shift it back in while pedaling. it started to kink some, so I had to pull over and stop or risk breakng the chain altogether. after stopping and fixing the chain derailment, I looked up to see that I was DFL in the middle of a huge dust cloud. well I passed quite a few people near the bottom to finish up 12th out of about 25 riders, but I could have done much better. it was good work though.

here are some pics of Alina and I right after the Super D finish on Sunday morning. she really seemed to like me all covered in dirt:

 
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: